A pitching competition will be open to all practicing and upcoming filmmakers registered for the market. Individuals from East Africa will be given a chance to pitch a concept or project to potential investors in the following categories
- Film – Feature / Short
- Animated TV Series or animated feature film
- TV – Series / Soaps / Shows
The pitching competition for the three categories is scheduled to take place as follows:
- Film – Feature / Short : Monday 27th March 2018, 1400-1500
- Animated TV Series or animated feature film: 28th March 2018, 1545-1645
- TV Series/Soaps: 28th March 2018, 1130-1230
The Three (3) categories will put 18 established and aspiring producers under the spotlight to pitch an original idea to a panel of industry key players and potential investors, other producers, programming and commissioning executives and advertisers.
Winners in each of the Three (3) categories will be awarded as follows:
- Film – Feature / Short : KES. 500,000
- TV – Series / Soaps / Shows : KES. 500,000
- Animated TV Series / feature film : Fully sponsored trip to Annecy International Animation Film Festival and Market (MIFA) in June, 2018 in France
The projects’ submission deadline is Thursday 22nd March 2018.
Only 18 pitches will be selected from the pool of submissions by a specially appointed committee of experts i.e. six (6) nominees for each of the three (3) categories. Those whose projects will be shortlisted will be notified by 26th March, 2018.
We will have a ‘HOW TO PITCH’ coaching session to take place on 27th March at 10h00.
During the competition, a qualified jury of experts and key players driving television content production and distribution across East Africa will select ONE WINNER in each category based on the project’s creative vision, its originality, and the viability of the idea that could actually be produced. Judges will be looking for a strong idea that meets the criteria set, a clear, well-prepared and engaging pitch that will express the concept, the storyline and the characters that inhabit the story.